The last few days have pretty much been about setting up. There has been a lot of filling, sanding and painting. Luckily we’ve had the help of the first year students.
I had a few moulds going at the same time to be poured in cement. I did today. Heartbreaking that they broke, again. I have been doing the same process for a while, so I thought I had it down, but I think the pressure of time and deadline is making me rush things a little bit (probably what is making it go wrong). Tomorrow is a new day and it will also be a long one, got a lot to do.
On the other hand I have been working on the artefacts that will go on the “Reused” plinth.
Some of the bottles I have used have been sanded on the electric sander (diamond coated disks) but due to the concept of the project, I thought I would also sand some by hand, to show that it is also an option which makes reused glass projects more achievable for people. It is possible and the results are really good but it is time consuming.