I realized that I never posted about the lamp I made in the first year. I came across it the other day and thought it was worth doing.
So, in the first year I came up with the idea of making a lamp. I think it was the time were I decided that I was going to incline towards functional design.
The idea for the design changed very little over the making process. I had work out on different sheets the scale of the model, so I knew more or less what the size was going to be like.
After working out the design, I drew it out on the sheet of plywood. I wish I could have made a digital file and then laser cut the model but at the time of doing this, the computers in the university were quite busy.
I ended up with something that looked like this. I made a hole on the back of the lamp and put the stripe of LED’s I had bought for the project. Ideally, I wanted there to be another stripe of light in the bottom box (or the body).
I would like to work on it again and maybe made this model on kickstarter. But next time I will make it a digital file and work out the production of it better.