I am not fully satisfied with the design of this chair. Maybe it is not the design that is the problem. The execution is.
I had to debate whether to assemble it in university or at home. I ended up doing it at home because I don’t have a car so it would have been an issue to have to transport it. On the other hand, everything was done by hand!
Working with the pallets was good. I am a big believer that they can be used after they have served their purpose of transporting materials.
Taking them apart was very time consuming. I had to try a load of different ways to get them loose. I think that it was affected by the condition of the pallets (the first batch I had might have been outside for longer).
After I took them apart, I started sanding them. This was to take the dirt off and also avoid splinters.
After this, I put the frame together.
I had not really worked out how I was going to get the slats to stay there. This was a lack of organization from me. I don’t think I really prepared before starting to make.
Added extra support on the sides too.
Then basically repeated the same process on the other side. I still need to finish where the seat would be, and need to add what would go on the top to make it sheltered. I have thought that I could try with something else that is not a pallet.